little help please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rimmer

Apr 1, 2010
eastsussex
hi all i have some leather splits and wanted to make a pouch for my zippo as the one i brout from zippo fell off my belt compleat with lighter anyway the leather is a little to flexable is there anything i can do to make it more riged meany thanks to any input you are willing to give

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Depending on the thickness, (less than 2mm, forget it ) & the way it was tanned ( chrome tanned, forget it ) You could dip it in hot bee's wax or plunch it in boiling water ( the roman centurion's breast plates were made from boiled, moulded leather)..............if it's like a floppy suede then there ain't much you can do about it, maybe use several layers in thickness or make a pouch in a stiffer material then cover it with your leather........there's nothing wrong with soft pouches but if you really want a firmer one then prehaps investing in some veg tanned might be a better option.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE