Little bow saws

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
they take a 12" blade

have you seen one? do you think they are a good idea??

I got one at the car boot, Ill post pics when I get my internet back.....

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
It depends on the cross bar or whatever, basically the depth as to waht you can cut before part of the frame contacts the log and you can go no further! Bow saws or Swedish saws as they are sometimes known, are very versatile pieces of equipment and are good for processing large timber for use on an open fire. They may be abit big and unwieldy to carry but they more than make up for it when you saw through large logs with comparative ease quickly and safely time and again. Using an axe to try and do the same job would be a nightmare.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
I once lugged around a 30" bow saw, with a big mallet (more of a sledge maybe) and wedges you easily fell bigger trees in a quite safe manner (this was in a forest owned buy my employer at the time, so it was actually paid work, I left the chainsaw at the farm by choice. It was big birches that was going to be dried and used for heating the house). It is hard to find good quality blades around the town I live in now though. And as I usually go by public transport the frowning faces of my fellow passengers has made the big'un a drawer queen, or more of a cellar queen actually.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE