little 3" bush/hunter utility almost finished

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
almost got this one finished today, a little 3" bladed knife in 2,6mm thick rwl34, 8 1/4" overall length. again with th olive canvas micarta but hopefully when my new band saw arrives will be able to cut the stabilized blocks i have

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
I make a pattern almost like that - the combination of the smaller blade and the full sized handle make it just excellent for all kinds of tasks, not to mention easy to carry. Your fit and finish look excellent - great job. What is the 2 part lanyard tube though? I don't think I've ever seen that before.

thanks, its an extremely useful little tool! the full size handle gives plenty of control. the "2 part" lanyard tube i made myself, i had used some copper and brass loveless bolts and the only copper tube i could find was thin walled and didnt look right, i used a smaller piece of copper tube epoxied inside with pigmented (red) epoxy to give it more "meat"

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
That is very nice looks like a proper user too. I like that its under 3mm stock instead of 4+ mm that you usually see. What kind of sheath will it have?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE