Litter tidy up Dun Deardail

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

TooManySpoons

Full Member
Aug 22, 2024
16
20
46
Peterborough
Trying to post a photo for the first time on here so hope this comes out.

I was in Fort William last year and camped just off the highland way, near Dun Deardail Iron Age Fort. Beautiful place but the woods were absolutely littered with tissue, wet-wipes, wrappers, everything you can think of. All I could do was collect it all up and bag it and hike it back out with me but I felt better for it.

Here is photo, yuck!

 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Toddy
Well done mate. Its so disgusting how people behave nowadays. It's a shame that others have to clear up after these lazy oiks.
When I was a volenteer Ranger on dartmoor, one of my duties was to litter pick a certain area every week. I'd fill a black bin bag regularly, even tho I'd cleaned it the week before. Even dirty nappies, unbaggged stuffed into bushes.
This is not new. I was doing this in the 1980s!
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE