Like Nowhere Else on Earth

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Spot on Red!

I'm originally from New Zealand but I've been in the UK for more than 25 years now and I'd certainly not complain about the scenery.

Britain is beautiful!

Huon

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Bamburgh-Castle-t.jpg
Blea-Tarn-Ice-t.jpg
Mist-on-Stob-Dearg-t.jpg
Derwent-Evening-t.jpg
Lands-End-t.jpg

Here's a reasonable distribution too.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Yo Shep!
itchy feet solution! :D Got a nicely sheathed Khukhuri that can remove those pesky itch toes too ;)
Either that or visit east and southern France!!!

Both options sound drastic!
And to back up my argument, though Red and Wayland have almost said it all...

2536128516_cd3fe553b5.jpg

Kent
1830472115_1cef94efa9.jpg

Dartmoor
1829050854_16b52fd5b2.jpg

Dartmoor
2535451379_8273d91864.jpg

Islay

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Stunning work both

"For all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, its still a beautiful world"

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
wildrover,

Not those ones no - the church and churchyard are more than old enough though - its a Saxon Church (c. 1020) in remarkably intact condition - a stunningly beautiful spot

http://www.bridgechurches.org.uk/church_corhampton.htm

There are a number of very interesting graves if you find yourself down this way - these raised brick ones in Corhampton church

451312186_dc28a68cda.jpg

An unusual one for a French Marine one would not expect to find in Arlesford

531984148_79be4c1cf1_o.jpg

Red

Twoflower

Nomad
May 11, 2007
Northants
An unusual one for a French Marine one would not expect to find in Arlesford

Levi Boswell, Cheif of the gypsies is burried in my local graveyard. Buried along with Gypsy Rose Lee (not the american entertainer), his wife and queen of the gypsies.
I could spend hours reading the inscriptions on graves as you find the most extraordinary people buried in the most ordinary places.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You certainly do - I have seen some fascinating ones - including a very long one describing a gamekeeper "foully slain by poachers" up in Cheshire.

The one that still brings a lump to my throat was erected by a husband to his wife of 75 years who died aged 91. It simply said

"However much I loved her, I should have loved her more"

Something in my eye again :eek:

Red

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Nice thread and some lovely pictures there.

Quite a few of my pals think it's odd that I've never been abroad, given that I do like wandering around. Have never really seen any need though. Still have plenty to see here and I never tire of the view.

There's a photo I'd love to put up but it'd just trash the thread(too wide). Here's a link to it's page on panoramic earth.
http://www.panoramicearth.com/2260/Loch_Fyne/Loch_Fyne_at_Inverary

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
In my opinion, and I may be biased as I like mountains, this picture is better than any of the ones posted. I have an even nicer one on a clear day in a book, but can't find it online.

http://hotdogfx.com/v-web/gallery/albums/album66/Brilliant_Colors_of_Denali_National_Park_Alaska.jpg
Buy a ticket and a camera and take your own pictures.

If you can't afford to go, make the most of where you are. For me England is the most beautiful and historic country I have been to (and I've seen a fair few), but if Alaska floats your boat, scrape some money together and go there - you'll never know for sure until you visit it yourself. I remember working 2 jobs at school to get travelling cash together for the holidays and slinging on a pack when they came. Flights may well never get any cheaper so get going!

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE