Lightweight water carrying

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
in reply to the post above mine, i have a silly fast metabolism. (Have done since i was young) But also push myself pretty hard so end up walking at a pretty fast speed so will end up sweating alot, im guessing thats the reason for drinking alot? (generally if my legs aint hurting - im not walking fast enough!!)

Keep a list of what you are drinking everyday at home, if you are thirsty a lot it might be worth having a chat with your GP and telling him how much you are drinking.

Jul 24, 2009
Spital, Wirral
It's the same with me Ian H, sweat like nuts and despite drinking myself bloated before hand and during i still get cramp sometimes and don't pee for days afterwards (sorry chaps)...definately out of shape.

Harmonica

Forager
Jul 16, 2006
Clara Vale, Tyne and Wear
Thanks for all the replies guys - definately some things fro me to try out. In response to Boops i have been tested for diabetes and an overactive thyroid and both came back negative. I do tend to walk very fast and get fairly hot so maybe that is just the cause of it.

H

He' s left the building

Glad to hear that Harmonica, at least you know there is no underlying condition. If you sweat loads then it probably is natural thirst, by the time you feel thirsty I think you are usually about 1-2% bodyweight dehydrated. Not harmful in the short-term but something to be avoided.

It's the same with me Ian H, sweat like nuts and despite drinking myself bloated before hand and during i still get cramp sometimes and don't pee for days afterwards (sorry chaps)...definately out of shape.

I sweat like mad as well, maybe worth you trying a sports/isotonic/hypotonic drink; either make your own with 50:50 water/juice (and a pinch of salt in hot weather) or use one of the widely available drinks powders. Apparently 'nuun tablets' are the latest thing and can be easily packed and dropped in a water bottle when you're out and about.

Just remember that if you have treated your water with iodine or chlorine to wait 30mins before adding the powder (any VitC in the powder will neutralise the sterilising effect of the iodine/chlorine)

deeps

Forager
Dec 19, 2007
Monmouthshire
If you are only concerned with short bimbles in the UK you could always consider carrying less water in a smaller bottle such as this http://www.cadetdirect.com/order1.php?pg=1122 . Good shape, holds 1 pint and fits snugly into a coat pocket or fanny pack without taking up all the space.

Coupled with a bigger bottle kept in the car for pre and post 'event' hydration you should be fine. Here in blighty you are not ever going to be far from a source of water in an emergency - or a nice tea shop with scones.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE