Lightweight small landing net?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Billy1

Forager
Dec 31, 2012
Norwich
Can anyone suggest a landing net which has a decent sized net but that is the right size to fit in a small rucksack when the pole is collapsed/in pieces.

Cheers :)

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Reach is going to be your biggest problem. There are plenty of good nets but getting a decent length lightweight telescopic pole that fits in a rucksack will be tricky. Suggest you look at nets designed for game fishing and stalking.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
try doing a google search for ''Travel'' landing net handle, or as montainm says ''Stalker'', i think ''Fox'' used to make one, and he is right ''reach'' may be a problem if using from the bank, PLEASE NOTE:- when using too short a landing net it is all too easy to end up falling into the river through overreaching, it can be very dangerous on steep muddy banks, people have drowned on the fens drains when thay have fell in and not been able to scramble back up a very steep slippy bank.

Billy1

Forager
Dec 31, 2012
Norwich
try doing a google search for ''Travel'' landing net handle, or as montainm says ''Stalker'', i think ''Fox'' used to make one, and he is right ''reach'' may be a problem if using from the bank, PLEASE NOTE:- when using too short a landing net it is all too easy to end up falling into the river through overreaching, it can be very dangerous on steep muddy banks, people have drowned on the fens drains when thay have fell in and not been able to scramble back up a very steep slippy bank.

Tried that search and found a 2m pole which folds up to 62cm which will just about be small enough. Not the longest reach I know but will be fine for where I go and it is only about £8 :)

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Tried that search and found a 2m pole which folds up to 62cm which will just about be small enough. Not the longest reach I know but will be fine for where I go and it is only about £8 :)

goodo, hope you manage to fill your net soon :)

nic a char

Settler
Dec 23, 2014
scotland
plenty folding landing nets about, just fit a screwed ferrule into your walk-pole, so it can take a bung/spike for walking, or the net for landing fish - or use an ally landing-net handle as your walk pole

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE