Lightweight 2.5x2.5 tarp?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Terr

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2010
Scotland
Can anyone offer advice on a decent and not too expensive lightweight tarp option?

I'm currently using a DD 3x3. It's been great so far and I've had it for about 5 years but I'm now looking for something a little lighter and think a downgrade in size wouldn't be a big deal

DD's ultralight tarp looks good but at £62 I don't think it offers good value for me.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
My most used tarp is a 2.5 x 2.5 m Kathmandu trekking tarp. I find it's the perfect size to weight combination. Don't know if they're still available though...

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
If you can't find it off the peg, you may find one of the smaller cottage manufacturers can do you a custom job.

If you do find a 2.5m square tarp in sil nylon, let me know, I'm interested in one too...

J

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
Can anyone offer advice on a decent and not too expensive lightweight tarp option?

I'm currently using a DD 3x3. It's been great so far and I've had it for about 5 years but I'm now looking for something a little lighter and think a downgrade in size wouldn't be a big deal

DD's ultralight tarp looks good but at £62 I don't think it offers good value for me.

I got the DD ultralight tarp and i find it very good value actually. Why wouldn't it be good value for you if you like the normal 3x3 and your main criteria is lighter? If you want lighter, you're going to have to spend a lot more than the DD ultralight. I've looked into smaller myself and everything is either heavier for smaller tarps, or just 200-300 euro. I'll stick with the DD ultralight ;).

Feb 15, 2010
Dorset
Hi, I have the DD ultralight Tarp, it's fantastic for the money and pack size. In terms of cost and size pack nothing comes close that I've found. I would stick with the ultralight, unless you have £280 plus to spend ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE