Lightweight 1 man tents

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Looking to get a new 1man tent for back packing, weight is a factor any recommendations. I have looked at vango, vaude, wild country and terra nova.

any pros and cons appreciated.:camping:

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Thanks ricks ill do, I have decided to take a tent on the walk we got planned in April so get as much info before I buy, prepared to go to £200 ish if need be!

Seadog

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2013
United Kingdom
Big fan of Terra Nova - especially quality of ground sheets etc. - In addition to a 10 year old Solo minor I also have 25 year old Quasar that is still useable!

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Just to throw an oddball in, I came across this very good review of a OR hooped bivvi, worth the watch

[video=youtube;oFcE2EEVTgI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFcE2EEVTgI[/video]

Modchop

Oct 17, 2013
Shropshire
I have a Terra Nova 'Solar' (it's quite a few years old now) that's served me well and is still in great condition, I dare say my model has been upgraded/superceeded since I bought mine but basically mine is a generous one person tent with a single hoop running head to toe that gives enough of a porch to store gear/cook should the weather close in. It's also lightweight, sorry can't remember how much exactly, but not that small that it's claustrophobic if you need to batten down the hatches.

I can't find a picture of mine but just found this picture on Google (Apologies if it's anyone's picture)

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I will bring my peakland bivi tent and my new birthday pressie tent along in Feb. I'm selling the peakland.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

MonsterBeetle

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2011
Oxfordshire
I have a Karrimor X-Lite X1 and it's a great little tent. Weighs 1.9kg but with lighter pegs you could bring that down a little. Sports Direct had them on constant sale at £36 instead of £120. Great little tents and worth having a look.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Sports direct are only listing the x2 and it weighs over 2kg, it is still cheap though at less than £50, they have a robens 2 man for £80

tent peg

Nomad
Jan 13, 2014
Sherwood Forest
Sports direct are only listing the x2 and it weighs over 2kg, it is still cheap though at less than £50, they have a robens 2 man for £80

depends where you are going, but I can recommend the vaude Taurus for mountain expeditions and wild camping. nice combination of tech and design.

If you are doing less strenuous activities in the lowlands the Gellert solo is small, light and cheap. If you swap out the pegs you can cut the weight near to 1k. reliable and around £25.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE