Light in the darkness

Mar 30, 2012
Wales
The cold dark days of winter still cling on even as we move into spring. Just a quick heads up to you all who like to spend a lot of time outside but are inconvenienced by the encroaching darkness and are unwilling to spend £50 + on super powerful flashlights.

''The Range'' in their outdoorsey section retail dirt cheep torches, manufactured mainly by rolson, that seem to compete with their more expensive counterparts, at least in light output (but not, perhaps, in build quality).

Anyhow a pack of two small torches and a head torch that I bought for £7 seem to work pretty well to me; for the price :D.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Three or four years ago a good torch meant spending a good wedge of cash but these days you can get a good torch for a tenner or less. The Tesco £9.99 Cree is good value and performs above its price.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
tesco Cree torch question.

Please could you tell me if it's the led's that last for ages, or is it one that promises more and lasts for 2 hours per set of batteries.

Thanks pete

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I'd guess the run time on 2AA batteries (I use re-chargables) on this torch is probably 3-5 hours. I never use mine for extended periods of time but if I add all the times up I'd imagine I'd get around that length of time.

This is only a 'guestamate' though, please don't quote me on it. :)

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
just thought I'd mention, in the vein of best ultimate find in torches, have you seen the price of cree torches on ebay in the 'buy now sale' from china ?, and if so have you purchaced, and what did you think ?

thedawnawakens

Settler
Dec 2, 2012
UK
Got a decent cree led torch from lidl ....liked so much i got another. :cool:
Sure I have petzls and lensers and photons and zebralights yadayada but I seem to have one of the lidls in my bag ALL the time, and the other in my bedside unit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE