Lifeventure Towels

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I was just wondering if any one had both of these towels, the micro fibre and the soft fibre towel. I bought the grey one the cheaper of the two the micro fibre towel but before i used it it was lost, somewhere in the Candian wilderness i think, recently i bought the Soft Fibre towel the blue one to replace it. The thing is its just not absorbent one little bit, i was just wondering if anyone had both if the micro fibre one was any better???

They pack so well i'm gonna get some more for longer trips, just wondering if anyone had the grey one???

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
hi johnnytheboy

I have one of the blue Soft Fiber towels in a extra large size I will say it does not work like normal towel ,I find it dries me ok when used in a patting action. I do like the pack size.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have one of the blue ones, but to be honest, I'm a shemagh convert. The towel is just not good enough, and at least the shemagh will dry all of me and my hair too. It also doubles as a cover up and a scarf. It dries every bit as quickly as the micro fibre towels and it's never 'stale' either.
I found that the poundstore microfibre towels were every bit as good as the expensive ones for a fraction of the cost.

I bought mine from Spikeydapikey :D

cheers,
Toddy

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
I've go the blue one and HATE the way it fells on my face if I haven't shaved, so I went back to using a square of pertex. The secret is not to use it like a towel, just hold against your wet body (oh yer) and it pulls the moisture away from you, also dries quick, weighs nothing and has loads of uses in emergencies.
jon

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
I've got to agree with the above. I used to have a great dark blue one which I lost and replaced with a Lifeventure pale blue bagga poo.
It feels terrible and it's quicker to drip dry. I will try the shemagh advice next timem, nice one.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Can't remember the manufacturer of my towels but they're not lifeventure. They sound the same though. They more sort of absorb the water when held against the skin, rather than rubbing it off like you would with a conventional towel. They're not as good as a conventional towel, but I like them because they're considerably lighter, pack better and they dry so quickly. I can't imagine drying with a pertex square. A square of thin windproof "nylon" as a towel? Hmmm. Maybe I shouldn't mock until I've tried it.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
Think i'll maybe just buy a grey one and see if its any better, it doesn't pack as small but there isn't much in it, it seems more abrasive surface, better for getting the fluff out of the cracks :-D

Before i do anyone got one any reviews???

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Mine's by Thermarest. I've just remembered that the washing instructions specifically said not to use fabric conditioner as it effects performance. Could that be an issue?

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I have a "Sea to SummitPocket Towel Large" travel towel. I find that it is an attitude thing - if you rub yourself with it, as per a normal towel, all you do is push the water around your body. So get your head in gear and pat yourself dry - works for me!

1251624.jpg

I find it:

• dries quickly - almost by the time I'm dressed
  • packs smaller than a pair of socks
  • The neoprene case it comes in weighs more than the towel itself, but is useful none the less
  • Feels more like a real towel than some others on the market IMHO

According to the blurb it is 24 x 48 inches (60cm x 120cm) in size.

HTH

Simon

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Save your cash!
All these fancy "travel towels" are not a patch on the squidgy rubbery artificial shammy cloth I got from our local pound shop, in a sale for 50p!
"As seen on TV PVA Chamois"
12"x81/2"x next to nowt, pale yellow, weighs less than I gan see on our kitchen scales and only works when it is already damp(?) this little beauty will dry my hair, obese 5'6" body, beard and all (wringing the chamois out every so often), washes out easily if it gets mucky, packs down to nothing and is basically disposable after every trip.
OK it will not act as a sarong or a sunhat and looks odd - but by golly - IT WORKS!
and is cheap even at its full price!

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
Went to tiso's today and tey never had any, only the blue ones, unreal,

Neil, the wife is allergic to the day she never seen so we don't use fabric conditioner, think its getting the head around the pat dry thing i think

Gonna try the green one, defo, thanks beandune

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE