LIFESAVER 6000UF and others within the range

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Thanks for the headsup, i run with the smaller Lifesaver bottle and haven't been ill from it ever but they recommend discontinuing use until they complete the new series of tests, if it turns out to be recommended not to be used i want my money back and i'll consider myself very lucky i was not made ill every time i used it.

I just bought a Lifestraw Mission 5ltr last week as a lighter system filtering option so I am okay for any possible upcoming adventures

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Ah just a failure to filter to the required levels, and not something harmful in the filter itself.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Enough of a difference that they recommend you stop using them

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Yes, for legal reasons.

If boil or use tabs after filtering the water would be fine.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Whole thing that makes filters like the Lifesaver bottle good is that you don't have to boil and you can drink the water cold without having to wait for boiled water to cool or altering the natural flavour with tabs, if i gotta boil it or add tabs anyway why bother even carrying the filter and filtering it

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
good to know, like i said earlier i never ever got sick using mine but have since replaced mine with a different filtering system, my Lifesaver bottle is nought but an ornament now

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE