Lidl's Gear

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
For anyone who is interested,

On the 8th March, Lidl's will be selling thermal underwear, it says it is for motorbike riders but I looked at the top which will be sold for £9.99 and it looks half decent.
They are also going to be selling waterproof/breathable socks (Boot Liners) at £4.99.
I'll be buying them, and hey if there no good then at least I won't have spent a small fortune on finding out.

I just thought you guys / girls might want to know.:)

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Greg said:

On the 8th March, Lidl's will be selling thermal underwear, it says it is for motorbike riders but I looked at the top which will be sold for £9.99 and it looks half decent.
They are also going to be selling waterproof/breathable socks (Boot Liners) at £4.99.
I'll be buying them, and hey if there no good then at least I won't have spent a small fortune on finding out.

Big thumbs up for the good information. :)

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Greg said:

Waterproof/breathable socks for 5 quid? That's a fantastic price! Have you seen the cost of Sealskinz?

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I went to Lidls today and bought, the long sleeved thermal top(£9.99), two pairs of bike socks(£2.99 each) and a pair of the waterproof oversocks(£4.99).

The Good News!
All fit very well and are nice and comfortable, the waterproof socks are a snug fit but obviously I haven't tried the gear out yet.

Oh and just for good measure I also bought one of the £2.99 folding saws!:D

There is no bad news yet, Touch Wood!!:)

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Well I bought the waterproof socks and they seemed real good.

However.

The elasticated strip at the back which is about 1 1/2 inches wide is not waterproof at all, not even water resistant. This means that when your shoes/boots start getting seriously wet that water will seep in through the back.

Seems like a bit of a dumb design to me. :(

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Rebel said:
Well I bought the waterproof socks and they seemed real good.

However.

The elasticated strip at the back which is about 1 1/2 inches wide is not waterproof at all, not even water resistant. This means that when your shoes/boots start getting seriously wet that water will seep in through the back.

Seems like a bit of a dumb design to me. :(

You have to bear in mind Rebel that these socks are designed as a liner for motorcycle boots, not walking boots.
Generally speaking a motorcyclists boots mainly get wet on the front as this is where the water off a road will splash up on. Hence that is probably why they are designed that way!

But thanks for informing us about this draw back in the sock!:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE