Lidl fishing kit

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Just seen online that Lidl are about to sell fishing kit. I've not fished since I was a kid on family holidays. That was off the piers and into harbours with a short rod. So basically I have no idea nor the gear any more. It could all be at my parent's place but was wondering if this Lidl kit could actually be worth getting.

There are fixed and telescopic rod kits for £18 and £20 respectively IIRC. These seem to have all you need to get started. Just add bait and cast sort of things. Plus there are other bits and pieces too.

If someone could tell me if these are worth bothering with or if there is something better (and cheaper) elsewhere. It is only on a whim. By that I mean even if I got it there is no guarantee it will get much if any use at all. I just fancy the idea of giving it a go and perhaps catching something worth eating if I end up based near the coast on holiday one time.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
i had one of their baitrunner reels last year and its been excellent and am going to get the smaller one this year. everything in the kits looks very basic and a bit on the clumsy side, and i also tried the bulk line, but it was terrible stuff. i would get the telescopic rod if only i could pick and choose the reel. i'm sure they would be ideal for holidays. the rods looked ok too.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
You can't beat them for the money.
I'm not keen on the terminal tackle but that's stuff you can buy cheaply to suit your needs anyway.

dirty ben

Forager
Dec 24, 2009
somerset
I have had a 6ft telescopic rod from lidl for 3 years and its been brilliant,packs down tiny and to be honest i have been waiting for the rods to go on sale again so i can buy a spare

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
Apparently the reels are quite good value ! I'd get one myself to go with my rod I was given. However I don't think it would get much use, so I'l just keep an eye out on the car boot sales.

UK_69571_01_b.jpg SHINEY !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE