Lid for Pathfinder / Canteenshop canteen cup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I have one of the lids, and to be honest, you'd be better off getting some thin metal from B&Q and making your own.
The lid snaps on, and is a pain to get off if the mug is hot.

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
I'd second the home made option...it's easier to do than you might think.

I bought an aluminium mess tin (similar to British Army type) from the poundshop.

1. Get a plank of wood, draw round the shape of the top of the cup then jigsaw out the shape.

2. Use the wooden template to draw round the base of the mess tin twice (one close to the shape, another one about 3mm larger that will form the lip of the lid)

3. Jigsaw out the lid shape cutting round the outer line.

4. Find the centre point of the lid, drill and screw to the wood and also add a couple of clamps (stops the wood shifting about...the same hole can then be used for the handle)

5. Take a hammer and gently tap the exposed edge down to form a lip. Slow & patient is the key here.

6. Using the hole you drilled in the middle of the lid, either attach a small drawer handle or a D ring to form the handle.

7. File off the rough edges. You can also drill a few holes in one end of the lid to act as a drainer.

Seems like a lot of work but can be done in about 30-60 mins. If I can do it, anyone can...DIY definately isn't in my skill set..as my wife would tell you!

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Just in case, I got mine from the self reliance outfitters (Dave Canterbury's store), this is the updated version and a much better fit, the Rothco one is to tight, I also got a spare lid (plastic, not bakelite like thebushcraftstore's one). all in including shipping was just over £15.

The canteen cover: http://www.selfrelianceoutfitters.com/canteen-cup-lid-pathfinder-edition/

And the lid: http://www.selfrelianceoutfitters.com/replacement-abs-plastic-canteen-cap/

Usual caveats apply, I do not work for the above mentioned company, I just have purchased from them before and had a satisfactory shopping experience.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE