leuku finally finished

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Here it is, my take on a leuku as i find the handles on traditional ones way to fat.

4mm 01 tool steel with nickel bolster and butt with stabilized curly birch

(still needs a polish)

0213.jpg

0093.jpg

0103.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
God damn it Ash that's lovely

I assume, as is traditional, you will wish to dispose of early prototypes :D

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMMEME

;)

Now if you had any of that rather nice stabilised......no perhaps not :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I've been back to this thread five times. I know now why I ahve to look.

There are lots of knifemakers. There are the master cutlers like Stu Mitchell - who can make a chuffing light sabre if you ask him.

Then there are the "inspired genius" types. Its a small llist ...the likes of JoJo, FYGT and Shinken. Its not enough to make a "me too" design - however well indeed beautifully executed. They actuall try to make knives to work. They think about it, experiment with it, adapt it, improve it and come up with things that are......Inspiring? Original? Intriguing? Fascinating?

Maybe just.....better

Ash, I salute you. Combining making and really thinking about form and function and attention to detail is very very rare.

Red

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Real beautiful elegance to that chopper, so much so it's almost a shame to swing it at pieces of wood! Very nice work indeed...

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
thanks for the replies chaps and the encouragment, keeps us knifie makers inspired.

Will update with finished pics and sheath etc maybe in another years time :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE