Lets see your pipes......

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I have just been into a local smoking shop in Ipswich.... been thinking for ages about a puff around the fire of a night time at meets, and in the woods.

Could not believe how much choice could be stuffed into a shop that can only be 10' x 8' well not much bigger... and most of that taken up with the counter

So to which pipe... and came out with this its a Stonehaven in Briar, I liked the look of it and it is compact as well.. :)

DSC_0023.jpg

And got some of their own blend of sweet orange...just got to try it now

Lets see what you have

Stingray

Feb 25, 2009
Kent
I've been a pipe smoker for many years now.The ritual and relaxation of a pipe makes me a happy bunny.
I have various pipes,Peterson churchwardens are my favourite on a sunny evening.I have a Meersham for special tobacco and a basic corn cob for trips out.I keep my addiction to a minimum to make it special :) and always outdoors to avoid Wifey.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I've pretty much cut out the roll ups now and just save my smoke intake to when the occasion is right. Usually around the fire or gently swinging in my hammock. I don't feel too bad about any health issues by smoking at this level, it's just enjoyment.

Check out www.smokingpipes.com for good estate pipes (second hand but properly cleaned, way cheaper than new), and www.tobaccoreviews.com for all you need to know on pipe tobaccos. Rich at 4noggins.com sells a superb range of tobacco and even with tax they work out cheaper. McClellands are my fave smokes, but mainly unavailable here in the UK.

I've gone off the aromatics (added chem flavours) and can now find the flavours I want in nice, genuine blends. Try a tin of McClelland Blue Mountain, you won't look back ;)

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
f9ced8613856f0ad833d1f7f6eb7c786_zpsc7d115e5.jpg

Had a few smokes from it now. Love the curve and length, just sort of feels good. Smokes well too.

I have a general curved cheap one standard size which is main one to carry. I also have a little 3/4 straight stem which was my first pipe and a gift from Tanith.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
When the first kid came along I dumped all my short briars on a mate to help me pretty much stop smoking day to day. I kept the churchwardens for use on high days and holidays. Over the years I've picked up clays when ever I see unused ones cheap on carboots and charity shops. I've also picked up a few " normal " pipes for no good reason except they were next to nowt or as presents, The zeppelin / torpedo pipe I retrieved from a mate who I'd given it to as he never used it and I regretted getting rid. I emediately left it in a pocket and it went through the washer... It took about 3 hours to get it back into half decent shape. Three of the 4 briar churchwardens were from charity shops, the other herself paid a bomb for one birthday. They are are the best smokes I've had.

Nowadays I smoke for a couple of weeks a year when I'm on holiday. Usually one of the Kendal black cherries.

image_zps1e92ff32.jpg

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
The top and bottom churchwardens in the lower half of the case are very appealing. I really must get one at some point.

And that long clay....that's never gonna be your camping pipe is it ;)

I'll dig out my few pipes and take some pics.

Realbark

Aimless Wanderer
Jan 18, 2011
South Lincs UK
I was a very keen pipe smoker up until about 10 years ago and own some very nice pipes (in my opinion :)) - As others have said l will have to photograph and upload. A hand made Brebbia i still smoke occasionally and my Peterson Bulldog. I do have a Churchwarden too but never really took to it tho i can see the aesthetic appeal. I used these guys a lot http://www.synjeco.ch/pataall/news/news.php?i2 - some very good tobaccos too.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Some nice looking pipes there everyone, I did think about a Church warden, but was not sure, I can see why people like them tho :)

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Nah that long clay I'm saving to do my hobbit impression when I finally get a bench to sit on out front in the herb garden. I have carried the one that's dirty, middle , right hand side, inside a cardboard tube but not if I'm going far. I've picked up enough of the short stubby ones for 50p a pop that I can take them and when they get broken its no biggy. I always bury the remains or hide them in stone walls just to confuse the archeologists next century....

The top and bottom churchwardens in the lower half of the case are very appealing. I really must get one at some point.

And that long clay....that's never gonna be your camping pipe is it ;)

I'll dig out my few pipes and take some pics.

Hammock Hamster

Feb 17, 2012
Kent
I moved over to pipes a few years ago when I went off cigars for some reason.

The two on the bottom left are my usuals (both are Peterson Dublin's) the one above them is what I usually take with me on bimbles and over nighters.
The rest are for lending out or if I try something particularly potent.
I usually smoke kendalls cherry am vanilla mix and occasionally petersons summertime mix.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374609325.504817.jpg

Atb, Hamster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE