Let me introduce myself

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greenluckydragon

Oct 10, 2014
Prague, Czech Republic
Hello bushcrafters and outdoor fanatics :)

My name is Philip and I am from Prague, Czech Republic. After my searches for gear reviews and DIY projects led me to this page again and again in the last years, I decided it was time to join. I enjoy all kind of bushcraft projects. Even though I am not a 100% bushcrafter and my trips vary in the equipment I use, I really enjoy going out into the nature with simple but useful equipment. E.g Hennessy hammock, Gransfors Bruks Forest Axe, Bob Dustrudes saw, fire steel and my favorite choice of knife also speaks for that: It's the Mora 510. Yes, there ares till places to buy it. In case you want to know where. Drop me a line :)
I love going out on overnighters, weekend trips, and also 6-10 day trips especially Canoeing or Kayaking in Sweden, because I have been there many times and the nature there is spectacular.
Other that that I am really into gear as probably most of you are, which drives my wife nuts :D - I have 5 times more gear than I can use and am always creating new projects that need to be put into reality. Right now that's a hot tent for winter trips. I bought an incredibly cheap, light and roomy tarptent from apppytrails, called Mark 5/Mark V it only weighs 850g and is IMHO destined to be lightest, cheapest, roomiest hot tent for one person possible except a tarp of course.. I'll make the stovejack form a welders blanket. The stove will be ordered next week when the maker returns from a trip :) Apart from that I am looking for a green Golite Shangri La 3/ Golite SL3 as a stronger more wind resistant option for hot tenting in Sweden in autumn/winter. It can get quite windy there when u are paddling the big lakes.

There you go, - talking about gear already!

Add me if you like what I am writing about. Looking forward to make new like minded friends!
If you have any questions/comments about my favorite gear setup or anything I wrote, drop me a line :)

Glad to be here,

Philip

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE