Les Vorhies 1075 hunter with ebony scales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Marijn

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2006
The Netherlands
Well, it was a nice sunny day so I got around to finishing this one.

Its a Les Vorhies hunter type blade in 1075 steel.
The handle is polished ebony with red vulcanised fiber spacers and brass pinns.
Got some scraches on the underside of the handle, but i'm pretty happy with the overall picture (considering this is the 2nd knife i've fitted with a handle)

Well enjoy the pics!
I'm going to wach it for a couple of days before i'm goingto find a new owner for it.

The first pic is pre-polishing.
and the last is sowing a bit of polishing compound whitch is now cleaned.
DSCN0966.jpg

DSCN0979.jpg

DSCN0967.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
A strange looking knife with a curiously art deco quality somehow - I do like something a bit different - how is it to hold?

Needs something in black and silver as a sheath with angular lines methinks!

Red

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
that really looks rather "gentlemanly" :D I like it!
I agree with Red - black, silver and angles for the sheath would look great ;)

Marijn

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2006
The Netherlands
Wel surprisingly as it may be, it's achually pretty comfy to handle.

I'm planning on selling it (te buy more materials, got plenty o knifes, but still like making em) so i'm not going to use it for anything hard.

The decision to go with this handle wasmade the moment i saw the blade, it simply fits it!

@ Penvisser, started on the two you have already?

Marijn said:
Wel surprisingly as it may be, it's achually pretty comfy to handle.

I'm planning on selling it (te buy more materials, got plenty o knifes, but still like making em) so i'm not going to use it for anything hard.

The decision to go with this handle wasmade the moment i saw the blade, it simply fits it!

@ Penvisser, started on the two you have already?

No not yet Marijn, i am busy with angling and the preparation for the bushcraft trip to Finland this week. A nasty job, but hey.....someone has to do it! :lmao:

When i am back i will start with the blades, today arrived some beautiful wood from the USA.

Best regards,

Penvisser

Marijn

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2006
The Netherlands
penvisser said:
No not yet Marijn, i am busy with angling and the preparation for the bushcraft trip to Finland this week. A nasty job, but hey.....someone has to do it! :lmao:

When i am back i will start with the blades, today arrived some beautiful wood from the USA.

Best regards,

Penvisser

A bushcrft trip to Finland?
You poor sod, I deeply feel along with you... (lucky bugger :p)

Ahh starting this eastern as an outdoor instructor in the ardennes, going to get my "out-time" as well this year :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE