Leather ''ZIPPO'' lighter Pouch?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Evening, Anyone know of a good quality Leather Belt Pouch with Snap or Fold over fastening for a Zippo lighter, preferably in Brown or Light brown, Which cost's less than £25 ish.
As I've having a good look online and there's are loads some with conflicting reviews.
cheer's

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
There’s been a fair few up for sale on here. I bought one a few years ago from a maker on here and it’s great.
Might be worth a search in the makers market section.

BJJJ

Native
Sep 3, 2010
North Shropshire
Just my own experience, I bought an original one from zippo. The lighter fits extremely tightly the case but the case quite easily come off my belt. The popper is not that effective.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Just my own experience, I bought an original one from zippo. The lighter fits extremely tightly the case but the case quite easily come off my belt. The popper is not that effective.
Indeed I lost both zippo and pouch that way, somewhere up on the Malverns. I hope somebody found it and made good use of it otherwise it will be one for the archeologists in future years.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I brought 1 off Ebay and the pouch was Good quality, but the belt loop was not wide enough for my belts and his description wasn't the best, so I tried contacting him to arrange to return it and well it was a nightmare he was rude, so I was blunt then he started to change his returns policy so I sent him another message and he wasn't even prepared to refund me, that and he hadn't changed his address on Ebay or PayPal so I made a complaint. it was £16 ish with postage, And please take my word for it that the pouch isn't worth the hassle.

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I bought a genuine Zippo leather belt pouch years ago when I still smoked. From what I remember it was fine, but not amazing. It should be simple enough to knock-up something of better quality if you had the materials in.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I can't find my brass Zippo sadly :( - but I wonder what an ideal Zippo pouch would look like (another nice leather project whilst we have limited travel). Does it need a popper fastening or would it be better just on a belt loop? Should it hang down from the belt or be at the belt height?

Is this the kind of thing that's considered ideal?

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Mine was of the same design but better quality and the belt loop was flat to the back of the pouch, so it wasn't a dangler style, but it did have a popper closure, as for the closure I remember my late father's old Fag pouch and it had a flap over the top that tucked / pulled into the front of the pouch cross strap or slit, that's the type I wanted to get made as I think that would be easier and last longer.

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I can't find my brass Zippo sadly :( - but I wonder what an ideal Zippo pouch would look like (another nice leather project whilst we have limited travel). Does it need a popper fastening or would it be better just on a belt loop? Should it hang down from the belt or be at the belt height?

Is this the kind of thing that's considered ideal?

IIRC, that doesn't look too different from the one I bought; similar price as well.

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
I have one of the ones that have a popper belt closure . I did not trust it so punched a couple of holes either side and sewed it closed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE