leather thong/ paracord request

AndyJDickson

Sep 29, 2011
Northern Ireland
Hi,

I have been looking for an appropriate material to put round my neck to hand my wedding ring off as I dont like wearing it around my finger (comes from years working off shore)

I am thinking about either a leather thong or paracord.

Anybody any ideas/designs to give me a hand? I would be even willing to pay for said piece if somone wanted to have a go making one.

Andy

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
I'm not that good with my hands but I reckon that something in leather would look quite smart but paracord would be stronger and offer a bit more security for something as valuable as a wedding ring?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Drop me a PM and I'll sort you out some 2mm coms cord... that'll be better than paracord but will be a lot stronger than a leather thong :)

As for decoration you can always tie a diamond knot with a loop on the bottom then do a larks head to attach the ring to it all :cool:

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Hi,

I have been looking for an appropriate material to put round my neck to hand my wedding ring off as I dont like wearing it around my finger (comes from years working off shore)

Find or make a nice little drawstring bag, put your band in it and park it in a safe place. I was in the same boat as you (so to speak) and tried the 'ring on a string', but it doesn't lie well under a shirt.

AndyJDickson

Sep 29, 2011
Northern Ireland
Thanks very much guys. I want something simple. At the moment im using a piece of white string and the ring is fastened with a larks head but i was looking at the top of my walking stick the other day (at the leather thong) and thought that would look good. Ive tried a number of different weaves on white cord (trying it out on something simple and cheap first) and Im getting better but they dont seem to fit.

A small leather pouch could be an idea, I like that. Then it could be on a neclace, braclet, pocket etc etc.

Keep the ideas coming please.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE