Leather Tankards

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Hey all,

I've been making tankards of late, and have a few left for sale.
Each tankard is made from 3.5mm veg tan cowhide, hand stitched with artificial sinew, and fully sealed with pure beeswax. They are perfect for water, beer, or cider. Anything stronger or hot is likely to affect the wax.

NOW ALL SOLD

Lightweight, and tasty, mine comes everywhere with me. Here is mine filled with guiness at our highland bushcraft gathering last month

The Half-Goat

Last edited:

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I can totally vouch for the awesomeness, the ability of them to hold alcohol better than i can and the amount of work that goes into making one by hand because I made one with his guidance when i was last visiting Hamish

IMG_20170510_160837.jpg

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
It was either that one or the shot of me at home with it full of frothy cider but this one is way better, look at the sense of achievement in me little face with me proud tutor

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Excellent work as always! I've just finished four and they took far more time than I'd like to admit. I doubt I would be able to sell mine for less than £80 if I was paid minimum wage and nothing for materials, so a must buy for anyone looking!

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Excellent work as always! I've just finished four and they took far more time than I'd like to admit. I doubt I would be able to sell mine for less than £80 if I was paid minimum wage and nothing for materials, so a must buy for anyone looking!

Thanks Tim, they are indeed a lot of work. I sell slightly taller ones with a bit more detail for around £80. Pricing is always a double edged sword, and I've found the balance here for myself :)

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I don't even carve mine! Haven't ever sold one either. Too much of a PITA to make

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

kristophish

Native
Mar 17, 2012
nuneaton
I absolutely love mine
e61b28ecca527fd340b46f7656d26752.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE