Leather strops by Luckylee

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
I recently asked Luckylee if he could make me a wood backed strop and he kindly made me a 12" strop for using at home and a 6" double sided (1 normal and 1 fine side) for use in the field. Lee not only made them very quickly for me but also loaded the strops with compound (and autosol for the fine side of the double sided) and even personalised the 12" one by burning my name on it, which is a really nice touch.

2011-12-15 13.34.12.jpg2011-12-15 13.34.37.jpg

I've asked Lee to make quite a few bits for me and he is always very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable and his work has always been top class.

So thanks Lee you're a star. Sorry the pics dont do them any justice but my cameras not much cop. :eek:

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Used the 12" strop on my F1 last night and managed to get the blade shaving sharp (Ive never managed that before) it was sharp before I started but is now beyond sharp. :D

alex.c

Tenderfoot
Aug 20, 2011
England
Looks great,
Thinking of doing one myself
Any advice on thickness beacuse i've heard thicker than 4 mm can roll the edge(probably got some 2 or 3mm if its any good)
Thanks

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Looks great,
Thinking of doing one myself
Any advice on thickness beacuse i've heard thicker than 4 mm can roll the edge(probably got some 2 or 3mm if its any good)
Thanks
hi mate, yes 4 mill is about as thisck as i would go, it depends on tha quality of the leather to to be honest, if you use a belly cut from the hide it will definatly roll.
i tend to use 3 to 4 mill on the one side, and a 1 to 2 mill calf skin on the other for finishing.
hope that helps mate.
take care.
lee.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE