leather sheath for spyderco bushcraft.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice work Lee, there's a crazy amount of leather in one of those! Just curious if you've ever weighed one?

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Nice work Lee, there's a crazy amount of leather in one of those! Just curious if you've ever weighed one?
i haven't mate, but ill go and see. it weighs 223 grams mate i hope that helps, have never done that before, it does not weigh that much i don't think. bit if you are one of those ultra light backpackers then maybe that does, the way i see it you carry all these things anyway, the fire steel the sharpener, its just all in one package ready to hand, and wrapped in clothes, you can carry it vertical horizontal, by your side in the small of your back, but if you don't want to carry it all together you just undo the chicago screw's and you just have a normal sheath.
hope that helps mate.
lee.

Last edited:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Cheers Lee. I've never bothered with stones when I go out myself but I can see why people that do want to keep it all together. I'm far from ultra light when I camp but don't carry my knife around on my body much when I do...looks great, I was just curious what it weighed with all that leather in there!

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Cheers Lee. I've never bothered with stones when I go out myself but I can see why people that do want to keep it all together. I'm far from ultra light when I camp but don't carry my knife around on my body much when I do...looks great, I was just curious what it weighed with all that leather in there!
no worries mate, i understand.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
So far I've only seen your earlier work in person but I'd love to have a better look at NW this month. I can fully appreciate all the work that goes into a sheath like that, that's what I meant by a crazy amount of leather. Everything I do is very simple in comparison but I enjoy looking at that and trying to get my head round all that goes into it! Cheers fella

Jun 5, 2011
Sofia, BG
I am from Bulgaria and I have registered here with the purpose to find a better sheath for my lovely Spyderco bushcraft.
I found this thread and pictures showed what I have imagined to be the perfect sheath.
Contacted Lee, and departed for a trip in Iceland. When I got back, the sheath was waiting for me.
It is even better than what I've expected.
Superb craftsmanship.
All carry options work perfect including Molle.
Knife fits beautifully.

Love the sheath
Love the forum

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE