Leather scraps

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cockney greg

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2014
London E17
Hi guys, I'm looking for some 3mm thick leather pref. in a chocolate brown, and enough to make a dangler for my Condor bushlore and to make a full sheath for a 6" 1 3/4 lb axe. Any ideas please? Thanks for looking.

Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
At the risk of hijacking rather than just piggy-backing this thread, I'm looking for a cheap source of small (ish) bits of leather too.

I bought a pair of gloves from the Pound shop which I unpicked and has given me all sorts of small bits of different coloured leather which I will use in various projects.

Could do with some larger bits though.

I suspect the sensible answer is to bung some swaps up on the Swaps page here.

Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
PS - Sorry but liver is delicious. At least it is the way I cook it. The way we had it at school it was more like a shoe that had been buried in the ground since medieval times.

Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
Thanks Greg.

As it's a BH weekend I'm going to see if I have anything that warrants a swap in the Swwap Page of ths forum - I only need a couple of smallish bits.

I've heard of people getting old sample books from sofa shops - I wonder if that's a serious option?

Last edited:

cockney greg

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2014
London E17
Thanks Greg.

As it's a BH weekend I'm going to see if I have anything that warrants a swap in the Swwap Page of ths forum - I only need a couple of smallish bits.

I've heard of peopple getting old sample boks from sofa shops - I wonder if that's a serious option?

I got lucky and found an old money wallet like a cabby or a stallholder would use for £1.50 today and the size is almost perfect for the axe plus some left over, with the bonus of a zipped pocket for a diamond sharpener nice thickness too. Just lucky I guess.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE