Leather pouch for my Explorer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
I thought I'd try my hand at leather work. I'd made a couple of small pouches before, but I wanted something larger to store my Explorer, ceramic sharpener, a lighter and bit adaptor plus bits on my belt.

I picked up some leather from my local recycling store and set to work last night. I used the following tools;

A fork for spacing out stitching equally
A hammer and nail for making the stitch holes
Ruler for measuring (!)
SAK Explorer for cutting leather
Large needle and waxed cotton thread.

It took me about four hours all in all and I'm very pleased with it. It is sturdy, sits well on my belt and I can open and close it and access everything inside one-handed. I took a while to come up with a suitable fastener and I'm quite pleased with it's elegance.

Lessons for next time; The stitching etc could be neater!

Here are some pics and I welcome your comments.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
That's a nice little pouch. When making something for myself I never worry to much about neatness. goodjob

p.s. for the marking lines and stuff I use chalk and then just wipe it of afterwards. hope this helps.

shack

Nomad
Mar 30, 2007
Devon
Nice and home made, looks just the ticket and love the way it's made to your own spec and requirements, good tip about chalk btw
Learning everyday.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE