Leather Flashlight Pouch

Hello friends! last week I finally made some time to try to make a sheath using the stitching technique that I saw some time ago in Flickr (I recomend you to look at this collection, the work of the user "singteck" are really amazing!), so, I start trying to do a sheath for my old pocket flashlight just to try, and It turned out better than I expected.

I hope have a little more time soon (and a piece of scrap leather a little bigger) to try to do a pouch bigger than this one.

Here are some pictures:

7523090078_2c73f2537a_b.jpg

7523090196_b544463db2_b.jpg

7523090270_6ffa87aaa4_b.jpg

7523089970_0967c139d5_b.jpg

7523090364_89e66503b7_b.jpg

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

awarner

Nomad
Apr 14, 2012
Southampton, Hampshire
I've got to stop reading these leatherwork topics, I'm going to end up spending more time and money on expanding my tool set lol.
Very nice work looks perfect, only question is how easy is it to get the torch out or do you have to invert the case to slide it out?

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Singtek was a member on here when he was UK based and British Red among others has some very well made goods from him.
Your torch sheath is very good.

How do you get the holes lined up when you do the box stitch? Do you glue the leather together or do you use some kind of holding device?

Very fine workmanship :)

Orric

Thank greensurfingbear, I don´t use any device or glue to hold together the two pieces of leather while sewing it, only the first two holes are a little more complicated, after that, the leather pieces don´t move any more.

Jul 8, 2012
Sweden
wow! this was very nice work you've done!
how long would you say it took to make the pouch? what tools did you use?
i would like to make one of my own for my Maglite XL, but as a total newbie I would like to get more into how it's done :)

oh did I mention that i'm impressed? x)

I've got to stop reading these leatherwork topics, I'm going to end up spending more time and money on expanding my tool set lol.
Very nice work looks perfect, only question is how easy is it to get the torch out or do you have to invert the case to slide it out?

jajjaj yes, is true, the flashlight comes out quite easy, but the design could be greatly improved leaving room for fingers on the sides, in fact I thought about it, but as it was only a test I was not worry too much about it

...sorry for my english :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE