leather cross draw sheath

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
I was commisioned by a member on here to make a cross draw sheath for his knife that he has just bought, he wanted it to be right handed, with no fire steel holder, and stitches to match the colour he chose.
so this is what i made him.
hope you like it.

001 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

002 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

003 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

004 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

006 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

005 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

007 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

fgyt cross draw sheath by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments are welcome.
take care.
lee.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice one son! That's a lovely rich deep colour and the workmanship is top notch as always...

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Nice one son! That's a lovely rich deep colour and the workmanship is top notch as always...
thanks mate, its my own colour that i came up with after lots of faffing about, with adding a bit of this and a bit of that untill i came up with the right consistancy, its between british tan, and dark brown, so its a type of medium brown, as a lot of medium browns i could not seem to get on with, as a lot of my customers no i will only use the professional oil dye, and there was not a dye even in this range that i was happy with, and in the cheeper dyes i had no chance, so i made my own lol.
glad you like the colour mate, if people only new how much dye i wasted to get my own brown that i was happy with.
take care.
lee.

Last edited:

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
thanks mate, its my own colour that i came up with after lots of faffing about, with adding a bit of this and a bit of that untill i came up with the right consistancy, its between british tan, and dark brown, so its a type of medium brown, as a lot of medium browns i could not seem to get on with, as a lot of my customers no i will only use the professional oil dye, and there was not a dye even in this range that i was happy with, and in the cheeper dyes i had no chance, so i made my own lol.
glad you like the colour mate, if people only new how much dye i wasted to get my own brown that i was happy with.
take care.
lee.

Time well spent if you ask me and I'm sure the pics don't even do it justice, they never do! It means you have a unique dye that only you can provide and that should equal some happy punters! Well worth the effort mate...

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Time well spent if you ask me and I'm sure the pics don't even do it justice, they never do! It means you have a unique dye that only you can provide and that should equal some happy punters! Well worth the effort mate...
thanks mate, maybe one day i might take a photography course, as you realy can't see the depth of colour in the pics bud.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE