Leather Bushcraft projects

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
ok
quite a lot of us like to work with leather!
What have you made and why and what results did you come up with

I have made knife sheaths with fire steel holders
possible pouchs
and leather water bottle
repaird GFA axe sheath
BUT WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO MAKE?

Hopefully this list will jog some projects.
thanks for any input.

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
Some leather ideas: Moccasins, tinder pouch, belt, hat band, lanyard, wallet, leather mug (I've seen these at reenactments)
For those who work rawhide: snowshoes, snowshoe style furniture, parfleche cases, different types of moccasin, packframes,

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
lastscan2bd0.jpg

Hello, how about a glasses case i made for myself

leon-1

I agree about moccasins, there is plenty of variety in the typs that you can make, you could also draw up your own pattern.

Probably one of the best places for moccassin patterns I would say is Yatahai. The instructions included with the patterns are quite clear and concise. The other thing is that the patterns that you get from them are actually produced by Sparrowhawk Publishing, from what I understand Sparrowhawk runs Yatahai and both are mentioned on the outer packaging of the pattern.

Other companies that sell patterns from them include centralia fur and hide and braintan.

If you do not wish to buy a pattern for patterns sake, then you could probably get a good pattern out of books like Wildwood Wisdom or Mountainman Crafts and skills. The bonus to the books are that they will provide ideas for other projects.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE