Aug 24, 2010
birmingham

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Beautifully done, Lee :approve:

I have a pocket like that in one of my bag straps, it's just wide enough to £notes folded in half lengthways, or a wire saw or my watch, or gold chains, etc.,
The zip head lies along the zip and is just a small smooth bump and doesn't rub or catch on anything.

cheers,
M

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Is that all handstiched Lee? Looks superb.
yes mate the zip is all hand stitched, and the rest is what we call in the trade as a false stitch, so that it blends in and keeps the pocket secret, i have done these with the stitching all the way around, but it costs a lot more if i do it that way it down to the customer, what he or she would like to pay.
hope hat helps mate.
take care.
lee.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
both i suppose as zips are notorious for failing but nobody can argue with your stitching there :) and i thought the zipper may dig in but Mary just pointed out its no problem

tis a braw belt i fancy adding a pocket like that to one of mine in the future now
i find if you by ykk they seem to last buddy;)

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
thats some great quality there again Lee. i like the hidden pocket for cash or paracord i take it. wonder if that zip would become a problem though?

i agree entirely with dreadhead on this one lee, superb craftmanship as always, but i would be a little concerned about the zip being a uncomfortable. then again, me and dreadhead are both skinny blokes, maybe a little flesh on our bones and it wouldn't be a problem :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You can guess where the strap on my bag lies, and if the zip were at all uncomfortable, believe me, I'd notice it :eek:
The waistband of your trousers will pad the zip anyway, too, I'd have thought.

cheers,
M

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i agree entirely with dreadhead on this one lee, superb craftmanship as always, but i would be a little concerned about the zip being a uncomfortable. then again, me and dreadhead are both skinny blokes, maybe a little flesh on our bones and it wouldn't be a problem :)
hi mate i have tried this on and pulled it really tight, to be honest the zip is minuscule on this, and i could not feel a thing, i do have a bit more meat than you.
take care.
lee.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
hi mate i have tried this on and pulled it really tight, to be honest the zip is minuscule on this, and i could not feel a thing, i do have a bit more meat than you.
take care.
lee.

fair enough mate, i shall take you word for it, if you say it's comfy then it's comfy :)

as you say, you do have a bit more meat on you than i do, but then most people do!
i have been known to get bruised hips from wearing a plain leather belt though, i'm a delicate flower:lmao:

stuart

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
fair enough mate, i shall take you word for it, if you say it's comfy then it's comfy :)

as you say, you do have a bit more meat on you than i do, but then most people do!
i have been known to get bruised hips from wearing a plain leather belt though, i'm a delicate flower:lmao:

stuart
i thunk stu, it depends on what zip you use, if i went for a heavy duty ykk one, then maybe that would interfere, if I'm honest if you go for what they call an open end zip, and you can find a small zipp pulley, then you can get away with it, the zips have been an absolute nightmare if I'm honest to source and get the right ones, as a lot of sellers say that they are this, and when you get them they are not as described, i have a case pending over this on the bay of evil at the min, it might not matter to them, and they probably think, well its only a zip, what the matter with him, but i have to think of these things when making items like this, and they have to be right.
take care.
lee.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE