leather and super glue knife handle

Jun 9, 2009
Colorado
iv never seen anyone else do a knife handle like this and though some of you guys might find it interesting

it is simple to do and looks great
you can use most any leather but try use some of different colours that way you will get different shades. you will also need lots of super glue (not the gel)

take you knife and glue the first piece onto the handle clamp it well and let it dry then you want to saturate that piece of leather with superglue and let it dry only take a few minutes then super glue the next piece on and repeat the process of saturating it with glue. taper the pieces of leather as you go. keep doing that until you have the desired thickness and then repeat on the opposite side.

knife003-1.jpg

knife004-1.jpg

knife005.jpg

once you have it glued up you can take a sharp knife and cut the handle to close to the desired finish and then saturate it with glue again

knife007-1.jpg

now start sanding the handle, when fibers of leather start coming up you need to add more glue this process will have to be done for quite some time. sand then add more glue let it dry and sand again keep doing this until you reach and nice smooth finish.

knife009-1.jpg

knife010-1.jpg

knife011.jpg

knife012.jpg

knife017.jpg

hope someone finds that of some use, if not useful then at least interesting

cheers Andy

Jun 9, 2009
Colorado
ya the knife i forged myself, wanted an old rustic look

the bracelets are mostly African. i am South African, moved to england and then moved to Colorado.
most are from Zimbabwe and South Africa the top one is from Arizona

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE