Learning by your mistakes?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
We all should learn something by our mistakes.
One of my mistakes was to go camping with an new unproven flashlight (torch?) and needing it the very next night, it worked OK but soon died, the batteries in it were very weak? being in the shelf to long?. I had chastised my brother in law for not having his when mine died :shock: at that time we were being chased out of the woods by a nuisance bears and had to hike down a "tote" road about 10 miles. Good thing it was a full moon, Creator was watching over that night!!
Since then I always carry at least 2 flashlights with me with good batteries.
just a thought

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
When I was young and dumb and full of bull, hmmm, nothin much has changed I guess. Well, except for the young part. :eek:): Anyways, I pitched our tent next to a lake runoff, which was dry. That afternoon it started storming (typical mtn. thunder storm) and it rained so hard and for so long that by morning, our tent was close to being swamped and we had to move all of our gear through 6" deep mud and a small river, just to get to higher ground. That's when I started paying attention to where I set up camp in relation to known and possible waterways.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
I have learned to bring rain gear! :wink: I've often said that it won't rain on trips and it will anyway. We have never been on a trip where it didn't rain.
Last year i was wearing a cheap rainjacket as only raingear. :shock: And we had to paddle 34 km that day in a canoe. :eek:): It's bad when you're there, but when you get home and are dry again it just feels wonderful. :pack:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE