Leads, collars and belts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I made my latest hound (Lab Bavarian Mountain Hound cross for those interested) a collar.

I've never had a hound before so it's been an interesting first year.:rolleyes:

I made him this collar based on designs I have seen on the web, the loop at the back is so that it can twist and invert, meaning they don't get stuck on branches and such - with a nose down tracking dog I thought this a good idea. I lost him for two hours after a buck once and the collar showed signs of being stuck but he was back.

SAM_1417.jpg

SAM_1419.jpg

The only problem with it was that I was oiling it every night for three weeks and weekly since. It's a beautiful collar but I didn't think that was a good idea.

So I bought a sheet of horribly expensive bridle leather and made a belt:

SAM_1420.jpg

The colour is closest in real life to the bit behind the spare, the end of the belt fed through the buckle.

I've also made standard leads - solid brass fittings in veg tanned

SAM_1425.jpg

and a slip in bridle

SAM_1424.jpg

SAM_1423.jpg

So.

Collar like Bryns:
Veg £25
Bridle£ 32

Belt
Veg £22
Bridle £28

Lead
Veg £12
Bridle £18

and of course I have been making sheaths and pouches too, so I'm back in the game:

Horizontal Lapplander saw sheath:

SAM_1397.jpg

A4 (almost) Moleskine cover

SAM_1378.jpg

and plain old custom knife sheaths:

SAM_1376.jpg

ADP8

Jun 3, 2011
UK
How much do you charge for the Moleskin cover? And for the custom knife sheaths?

Cheers,
Adam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE