lauri drop point scandi in curly birch and buffalo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
this is one of a few i have made to sell in the local shops in glasto, however im gonna have to work a fair bit faster to keep up with orders :/

this one mounts a lauri carbon drop point blade, curly birch handle with a leather and buflo horn spacer. i still need to aquire leather for sheaths though :/

i wanted to go for almost zero transition between handle and blade, and whilst this may be a bit harder to do its alot more comfortable to use like this IMO.

what do you guys think?

00timberwolf066.jpg

00timberwolf065.jpg

00timberwolf067.jpg

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
I've seen a couple of blades that have the cutting edge right upto the handle/bolster and am curious about them.

my question is how easy is it to sharpen.....you'll need a really square edge stone to keep the whole lenght sharp....and will this then mark the buffulo bolster?

not made my mind up about that issue but the knife you made looks like it will take a beating.....good work!

Mojo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE