Launditch Steels or strike a lights

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
As some of you who know me know that Flint and Steel happens to be my favourite method of firelighting and I am of the opinion that fire through sparks was the first form of firelighting by intention in the UK,as a result I thought I would show you a part of my collection.
These steels are all made by Nige (Launditch1) who is a member on here and although I have other steels these particular ones for their sparkability and price cannot be beaten. I now have 15 of his steels and with hand on heart I can say that they are by far and away the best steels of any maker I have ever used. Of course I'm not saying that other steels from other makers are not as good, but just for me bearing in mind the price he charges plus the quality of the steels I find them the best value out there.
What you see in the picture is by no means going to end up being my entire collection from him, and he knows if he makes any steels he will always have a ready buyer in me, but I just wanted to show the talent and ability of his work.
The rat tails are gorgeous, and so are the Rams horns, and the little Fish/Whale one is adored by kids when I show it to them. I use the Teardrop ones quite a lot simply for the simplicity of them, but all spark exceptionally well.
Amadou, char cloth and steel wool all take the sparks readily and result in a little ember that dazzles my eyes, but for shear pleasure I quite often just strike the steels simply to see the sparks dance, it's magical.

Anyway, I can heartedly recommend Nige's work, he doesn't know I have written this review neither am I getting anything in return for it, it's simply a way to say thankyou from another member who genuinely loves his work..

100_1106.jpg

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Wow!Thanks Phil..'fair brings a tear to me eye it does!'
Really appreciate the kind words and im glad theyre still going strong.That one on the top right i think that was the first one i ever made...

( i havent put him up to this everyone..honest!)

:thankyou::thankyou::You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE