Latest works from Feather Forge

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Seeing as I'm still not offshore despite a trip to Aberdeen on Tuesday I thought I'd play in the forge and get a few things started and some stuff finished up. Mostly for Christmas presents.

First up is a group shot

image.jpg

so, a horse shoe heart that will form the back of a letter stand. A letter opener made from an old spanner. A new neck knife design and an adapter for augers inspired by a thread on here.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The neck knife is a larger version on my salamander fire steels, with a larger handle making a much more versatile knife. The spine can still strike a spark from flint. Like the salamander this is not designed as a stand alone piece of kit but rather just a part of the tool box. It is coping well with the tests I've put it through so far.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lastly this auger adapter. Biker brought this to my attention and this is just a prototype. I cut a section of 1" round bar and drilled a hole through it. Then I had to forge a new square punch from spring steel, and then with several heats drove it into the hole to create a tapered square hole.
Then I welded it onto a tube. With a quick whip on the grinder to clean up the nasty looking welds.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

sadly I don't have an appropriately nice looking stick to put through the tube to show the whole set up but I'm sure you get the idea.

Oh yeah, made a slightly beefier version of my awls too but no pics.

Cheers
Andy

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have one of Andy's little knives :D
It's not only very good to use but it's comfortable in use too :approve:

Your range is ever growing Andy :D

atb,
M

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I have one of Andy's little knives :D
It's not only very good to use but it's comfortable in use too :approve:

Your range is ever growing Andy :D

atb,
M

Thanks Mary! Means a lot.

I'm hoping to knock up a few more in the coming weeks.
Andy

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I'm back up to Aberdeen later today and away offshore tomorrow apparently. Expect to see a few more of these in the makers market when I get back. They'd make nice wee Christmas presents.

All the best
Andy

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Guys - I need help with pricing these items - I'm thinking £35-40 for the neck knife with a kydex sheath. That's about fair I reckon.

The auger adapter - no idea.

All opinions welcome.

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE