Last trip of 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Made what will probably be my last trip for 2006 in Borneo before leaving.

Went to a semi-deserted place, in swamp forest on the rive. Most of the young people went down river to work in the oil industry and now there are 4 houses left (not shown except one on the other side of the river

Longhouse (very short longhouse)
KBLonghouse.jpg

Ruai (verandah)
Verandah.jpg

House and outhouse
KBhouse.jpg

Fallen sago palm
DSCN1873.jpg

Sago processing - the pith is placed on the mat , sieved and then it is rinsed in the trough and collected at the other end of the trough (not shown)
Sagoprocessing-1.jpg

These guys came paddling by. Nice to not see outboard motors

KBboat.jpg

One of the houses on the other side of the river

DSCN1859.jpg

Thought you might like to see these thorns. They break easily on side pressure but if you lean back :aargh4:

KBThorn.jpg

I came across a man with these Budgie sized parrots (called serindah in Standard Malay seripas in Brunei Malay). The photo does not do justice to their iridescent colours

KBserindah.jpg

The caged birds are the ‘decoys’ to lure their wild kin to join the feast (Nestum – a baby cereal). The capture method is a leg snare or a sticky sap site on perch)

The birdman
KBBirder.jpg

Saw 3 helicopters on a scrap heap on the way back -does anyone know what type they are? Observation bubble on the port side?
KBhelo.jpg

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Going to live in Kuala Lumpur, West Malaysia the Malay Peninsula. I will still come back to Borneo from time to time

Same company but will be living in a city and will miss having miles of forest at my back door and a river at almost my doorstep.

Still it will be an opprtunity to devlop the craft part of my bushcraft

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE