Last post

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Montivagus

Nomad
Sep 7, 2006
gone
Being a newbie to forums and their etiquette I never really introduced myself (my apologies for that) but as I’ve learnt a few things since then….

I’ve learnt from bogflogger for instance that you can skirt the forum rules about not posting insults but putting them in the comments section whilst leaving bad rep just because you disagree with someone’s opinion. I received “Get your facts straight, you arrogant p-rick” ;)

Above all I’ve learnt the subtle art of middle class censorship! If I start a forum of my own any threads that may run contrary to my opinion I can simply shut down! Marvellous! Thanks for the tutorial! :(

…..I’ll naturally say goodbye.
:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I presume that this is in response to my closure of the increasingly contentious Scout thread.
Censorship? no, it's there for all to see in its ever decreasing circles of dispute. I edited no replies or posts, I simply ended the argument to stop any further rancour.
Middle class? Me :lmao: Sunshine I'm a as Earthy as you'll get :D utterly classless in a classy way ;) but I do recognise discourtesy and irritation, and I am the Mod who was on-line and receiving the complaints.

I am sorry you felt the need to take this action however. Perhaps in time you'll return and enjoy the conversation again.

Kind regards,
Toddy

bogflogger

Nomad
Nov 22, 2005
london
OK lets get this straight then:

You sent me 'negative rep' first.....for pointing out that fishing using any method, apart from rod and line is Illegal in the UK.

When I PM'ed you to ask about wether you hand out 'negative rep' to everybody whose opinion differs from yours.....your response was just as arrogant, being: (Qu) "an apology and not an apology" and a whole page of verbose self justification about how you had "been neg repped yourself, for posting in the Cat thread."..... (Don't ask....I have no idea.)

Did I give you 'neg rep' for your completely wrong assertion that a Balisong ("Butterfly") knife is an automatic knife......which is completely wrong.....yet you were happy to tell someone asking for Legal Guidance about their status, that it was.

The Reputation system here has only just been reintroduced following a spate of mindless and vindictive neg rep wars, and was only recently reintroduced, just before you joined BCUK.

And as to me being "Middle Class" yeah right mate....live your delusion.

:cool:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I’ll just add a quick note to this.

Everyone is free to come and go as they want, everyone is expected to post and express themselves within the rules, this includes using bad language in the rep system. It’s not acceptable.
Please don’t be silly though with tit for tat comments and rep

I think the most important thing though is that people just relax a bit, there’s lots of differences of opinion on here and the moderators help it to run smoothly. If you don’t like it don’t create the situations in the first place and if it’s too late for that pull back a bit and next time work within the rules. If someone doesn’t want to do that then there’s no problem, just don’t post, if you suddenly don’t like the way things are done then you don’t have to participate, it’s all down to personal choice.

Oh and Montivagus, you really should get your facts right before you start having a go at me. Feel free to go and set up your own forum if you’re not content here, come back a while after that and let us know how it’s going :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE