Last few weeks at work have been fun.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Well this was leaving for work one morning, half asleep going as usual to the log pile to fill up the basket to keep the house warm, our only source of heating now ive cut off the gas. As long as the burners on, we are toast.

snow11004.jpg

Been helping out emergency planning with call outs during the bad weather. Not made it into the peak as much this year but there were a few trips.

Higger tor and Carl wark

b006.jpg

One of our meet sites

000_0603.jpg

Shipley Country Park

000_0648.jpg

Me (on bonnet), my mate and a few of the work Landys during operations (well getting ready!)

Snowweek2dec2010016.jpg

Ooops, this Sigg bottle was left filled up inside mine one night, bust right open! The de-icer also frose in its pump action spay bottle :togo:

Snowweek2dec2010022.jpg

A day out felling Pines in a plantation for the local hospital, a church and some offices. This place on the uphill track was exactly the same to look at as the mountain trails on my Bushcraft Expeditions Arctic Norway trip in 2007, with pine, birch and tons of snow.

000_0661.jpg

And just a bit of time for a cup of pine tea

000_0662.jpg

Off to finish off thinning a quite established broad-leaf plantation tomorrow, which has been brilliant, with six chainsaw operators working two tree lenghs apart in a long line, trying to get the work done for the benefit of wildlife and the growth of the woodland before the snow returns.

Back to normality soon inspecting the highways, but this winter has been spot on so far.

Cheers, Addo :)

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
im envious mate! VERY envious...you seem to have the dream job..thats got to be applauded!

Im in depserate need of a career change to a more "outdoors" one...thanks for the pics, they served to remind me to make that leap haha

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Im in depserate need of a career change to a more "outdoors" one...

So was I Paul. I was fed up in my previous career working shifts in a factory, so I quit and re-trained just in time before family and mortgage grabbed hold, after seeing some folks doing woodland management and tree climbing works.
Best thing I ever did. :)

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Another soggy old day today, but satisfied.
Stuck on a thin wool shirt under a single ventile smock, which worked well while working to vent sweat and resist the outside rain then heavy snow.
Chainsaw trousers however were a tad heavy after a good soaking.

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
so I quit and re-trained....Best thing I ever did. :)

good on you for making that leap!! im an aerospace engineer, but could potentially be moving over to wind turbines (kinda outdoorsy), but what i really want to do is work with the land somehow (i.e arborealist, woodland mgmt etc). i could work on the OH's parents farm, but not sure thats for me really...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE