Laser Cut and Heat Treated Knife Blanks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

primitive man

Jun 18, 2008
west midlands
Hi all I have a mix of 52100 steel knife blanks that have been professionaly laser cut and heat treated in sheffield. These are quality blanks however I do not have the time to finish them myself and so I thought I would put them up on here so that they can get finished and so I can get some of the money back that I hav invested in these(which I will most likely spend on some more custom knives :D ).

First up is my large hunter model:

I have 7 of these that are 185mm long by 30mm wide by 5.8mm thick

I would like £18 each for these posted

next up is a woodlore design with room to add your own blade design to the woodlore handle

I have 7 of these are 215mm long by 28mm wide and 4mm thick

I would like £15 each for these posted NOW ALL SOLD next up is a mini version of the above woodlore design

I have 8 of these are 165mm long by 20mm wide and 2.5mm thick

I would like £11 each for these posted NOW ALL SOLD
the woodlore designs will look like this when ground to shape - these two below are for sale

normal woodlore blank £20 posted NOW SOLD

small woodlore £14 posted NOW SOLD
and they will look like this when finished

next up is my neck knife blank design

these are 152mm long by 25mm wide and 4mm thick

I have 4 of these for sale at £12 each posted

and one ground blade for just needs a polish and a sharpen for sale at £22 posted

next up is my box cutter blank design

these are 163mm long by 20mm wide by 3.8mm thick

I have 2 of these and i would like £12 each posted NOW SOLDnext I have 3 mixed knife blanks

they have a little rust that can be removed with sand paper

I would like £28 posted for the lot NOW SOLD
and last up are 2 deer antler carving knives they have 60mm blades

the bottom one has had its handle glued and attached and the top one has the handle drilled and is waiting for it to be attached. They both need a polish and a sharpen to get rid of the light rust.
I would like £20 for these 2 posted

Many thanks Alex

Last edited:

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Quick question if I may as the hunter interests me. If they're heat treated won't grinding them mean they'll need treating again due to heat build up? Or will they be a pain to grind by hand given they're already hardened? I always thought heat treat came after the basic grind?

Many thanks

Mike

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

primitive man

Jun 18, 2008
west midlands
Hi Mike perfectly valid answer, as they are heatreated they will be a little harder to grind but all you have to do is dip them in cold water regularly to keep them cool so that the temper of the knives is not affected. Its not really a problem and works well as this is how I do all of my knives.

Many thanks Alex

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE