lars monsen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
M

Mike Denner

Does anyone know how i could watch Lars Monsen program 'Across canada' with english subtitles Ive tried to follow other threads on this site but as yet i've had know luck.

Thanks.
Mike

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Ok. Other people have PM'ed me regarding this. As I translated the series.

As fan a Lars Monsen myself, after someone posted the original nordkalotten series in the norwegian language, on here, a few years ago, [before fan-subbing came out. ]

I was encouraged by this, to fan sub the canada series.

I found the Norwegian .srt file, then I fed it line by line into Google translator.

I also downloaded a free piece of software called Subtitle workshop. [Which is very easy to use. Self explanatory.]

And created an .srt file. [In English] This is the first time I had done this.

I do not speak Norwegian, and Google Translator is not a very good tool for this.

And there are a number of mistakes in the subtitles I posted for his Canada trip. [Especially toward the last half hour.]

But it made it watchable. Which was all I was aiming for.

With a bit of time and patience, I think anyone could do it. [That, by the way, is a not too subtle hint, suggesting Ive done my bit, and I would like someone to translate the På.Tur.Med.Lars.Monsen.2005. which I believe is another Monsen series not yet translated into english!!]

1.] Is it the Lars.Monsen.Canada.PÃ¥.Tvers.2 005.Norwegian.DVDrip.Royskatt torrent you have donwloaded?

2.] How do you 'unzip, or unpack' the files after you have downloaded them?

I think the free app i downloaded was called WinRAR which, as soon as you click on it, unzips the file.

Play in VLC media player, and simply drag and drop the .srt file from your desktop onto the player.

Link:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46433&highlight=nordkalotten

English Subtitles Link:
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitles/3576529/-en

If youre stuck, tell me what the problem is and I will try to assist.

Thankyou.

Jan 3, 2012
Lancashire
Ok. Other people have PM'ed me regarding this. As I translated the series.

As fan a Lars Monsen myself, after someone posted the original nordkalotten series in the norwegian language, on here, a few years ago, [before fan-subbing came out. ]

I was encouraged by this, to fan sub the canada series.

I found the Norwegian .srt file, then I fed it line by line into Google translator.

I also downloaded a free piece of software called Subtitle workshop. [Which is very easy to use. Self explanatory.]

And created an .srt file. [In English] This is the first time I had done this.

I do not speak Norwegian, and Google Translator is not a very good tool for this.

And there are a number of mistakes in the subtitles I posted for his Canada trip. [Especially toward the last half hour.]

But it made it watchable. Which was all I was aiming for.

With a bit of time and patience, I think anyone could do it. [That, by the way, is a not too subtle hint, suggesting Ive done my bit, and I would like someone to translate the På.Tur.Med.Lars.Monsen.2005. which I believe is another Monsen series not yet translated into english!!]

Hello Chaps, my first post here as I stumbled across this thread looking for English subs.

I read Dave's post above and he's right, he's done his bit so I figured I'd do mine. Have translated the På.Tur.Med.Lars.Monsen.2005 subs into English. There'll be some minor errors for sure being as I don't speak Norwegian, but they're reasonably accurate as far as I can see and give you a good idea of what's going on. Please don't criticise if they are a little off at times, if you can do better, please do so.

Download them here. Not sure how long that link remains active for, but if a forum admin could give me attachment rights I can post them here too, it's only 115k. Enjoy.

Cheers now.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Hello Chaps, my first post here as I stumbled across this thread looking for English subs.

I read Dave's post above and he's right, he's done his bit so I figured I'd do mine. Have translated the På.Tur.Med.Lars.Monsen.2005 subs into English. There'll be some minor errors for sure being as I don't speak Norwegian, but they're reasonably accurate as far as I can see and give you a good idea of what's going on. Please don't criticise if they are a little off at times, if you can do better, please do so.

Download them here. Not sure how long that link remains active for, but if a forum admin could give me attachment rights I can post them here too, it's only 115k. Enjoy.

Cheers now.

Thats brilliant Acae. Thanks for that and welcome. :D

I'll download the torrent and have a watch.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia

Acae has kindly translated a different series to the Canada or Nordkalotten series, both of which are available on youtube with English Subs.

Acae has translated the Norwegian subtitles, into English for the series:
På tur med Lars Monsen (TV Series 2005)

Experienced hiker Lars Monsen heads out for 3 new adventures in the Norwegian wilderness. Through 6 episodes we follow Lars with his dogs through Saltfjellet-Svartisen national park, in Femundsmarka with a cano and finally in Finmark on foot where he ends up at Nordkapp

Saltfjellet
Episode 1
Plot: Lars sets out from Beiarn in Norland with his dogs. From the coast he heads inland up the steep mountains. After challenging a pair of locals in a fishing contest, he explores Russåga, Norway's longest underground river.
Svartisen
Episode 2
Plot: Lars crosses the Svartisen glacier.
Femunden
Episode 3
Plot: Lars, his friend Trond and the dog Kayaque goes to Femunden
Femundsmarka
Episode 4
Plot: Continuing deeper into Femundsmarka, Lars meets a local with a revolver and an own way of dealing with the fish.
Finnmarksvidda
Episode 5
Plot: Lars and Kayaque follows an old postal route over Finnmarksvidda for 350 km.
Nordkapp
Episode 6
Plot: Lars and Kayaque travels to Magerøy and Nordkapp (The North Cape).

Torrent: PÃ¥.Tur.Med.Lars.Monsen.2005.Norwegian.DVDrip.Royskatt

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE