Lars Monsen in Canada

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
3,204
223
39
Scotland
Hi all - don't know if this is old news or not but I just came across a Lars Monsen series in Canada - 2 years 7 months he was away for.

Here's part one:
[video=youtube;C-arbvSst6U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-arbvSst6U&feature=related[/video]

Andy
 
great video thanx for sharing!! wonder what this guys view is on tom brown trackers....lol
 
I've watched up to reaching Hudson's Bay so far. This is one tough hombre! Ed Wardle should see this. Lars is the real deal, I am impressed. Great video.
 
I've watched up to reaching Hudson's Bay so far. This is one tough hombre! Ed Wardle should see this. Lars is the real deal, I am impressed. Great video.

Ed never professed to being an expert, quite the opposite in fact.
He wanted to produce something that portrayed an 'average Joe' with a bit of knowledge, not an instructional 'this is how you're supposed to do it' show.
He purposefully didn't learn too much about surviving just relied on what he did know as a country boy.
 
Don't take my comment to be a bad relfection of Ed Wardle, I admire the man and his experience. I think he would enjoy seeing Lars cross Canada vids. I know myself, I would never, ever attempt anything of that magnitude, even when I was much younger.
 
Thanks for posting this it was great, makes my 10 day trek across a northern poland national park that I am doing in a couple of weeks time look very very very tame
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE