Large down sleeping bag

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Does it have to be down Rik? By there very nature down ones are generally (these days) narrow (70-80cm across) to make them more thermally efficient. If he doesn't mind carrying one, those Nanok boys seem wide. If it has to be down, pm me and I'll see if I can help.

Richard

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thanks for the reply Richard, but it has to be down. Luke is XXL, and the 3-4 season XXL bag we both have are massive even in the comp sack, half fills a Bergen easily

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thanks for the reply Richard, but it has to be down. Luke is XXL, and the 3-4 season XXL bag we both have are massive even in the comp sack, half fills a Bergen easily

I have the same problem with my Army issue job, but to be honest it doesn't bother me and I wouldn't swap it. I guess I'm just use to it now!:rolleyes:

RobertRogers

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 12, 2006
USA
I use a Wiggies bag I purchased in the early 90's because I am very broad shouldered and very few bags are wide enough. Don't know if they have down though.

Rik-

the mark 2 Brit arctic bag is HUGE- I'm a 58 inch chest and it fits me with plenty room inside. Ok they were made in the 80's and early 90's but you can still pick them up for £20-30 new. In terms of temp rating, they were designed to be used with mao suits inside aswell as a liner so they are really not arctic bags on their own. I made a fibre pile liner similiar to a buffalo bag to go inside for the really cold weather and it's fine.

Failing that try for a BIG AGNES bag, these are ultra lightweight down bags that are huge.

Woodsmoke

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE