"landrover blanket"?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I know this company very well, I have had a trade account with their parent company for years and can assure you that when you buy from their retail outlet you will buy only the best of the incoming surplus.

The land rover blankets that you are refering to are very good. I have bought loads of them for Scouts to make camp fire blankets out of, a bit itchy but very good quality. Make sure that you specify "Green" as they sometimes come in white.

I hope that this helps you. :)

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
They look like ambulance or hospital blankets. We used to get grey blankets for the bed, green ones in the med centre and the white ones were savded fro officers! I think the colour was to do with abrasiveness, the grey ones being the scratchiest and the white ones the softest. I think they were pure wool though.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I've had green landrover ones and grey "military" ones. Both were great quality although one had a small right angled cut in a corner (I suspect from label removal or similar). Great value, 1 lives in my car and I keep a pile for general use. They feel like wool but are unlabelled

Red

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
British Red said:
I've had green landrover ones and grey "military" ones. Both were great quality although one had a small right angled cut in a corner (I suspect from label removal or similar). Great value, 1 lives in my car and I keep a pile for general use. They feel like wool but are unlabelled

Red
If you mean the corner was removed from an army blanket, it was cut off to buff(polish) the floor with, it will be a genuine issue item! :lmao: :lmao:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I've seen the green Med Centre blankets and was thinking of getting hold of a few to make a woollen jacket, long and simple, pull over affair with a small drawstring closure on the chest maybe. They are a nice woodland green, not khaki, but I cannot seem to find them anywhere. They look quite thick but not as thick as the white ones I remember, but I don't want really thick ones. Anyone know where to get one, or maybe work in a Med Centre and can aquire a few??

I like the idea of woollen kit, in fact my wife got me one of those docker shirts and they are nice and warm and very well made.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
What is this bushcrafter thing for anything "blanket" related?? Two threads in a month has me real worried! Shoudn't our bedding be of woven nettle and/or wild boar hair? :lmao:

I do though fully accept that Landrover's need blankets and as minumum two in the case of that area beneath the rear seats of a Defender 110 Double Cab!!

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE