Landies and insanity

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
BorderReiver said:
Just spent a morning with my daughter at a landrover club trial.
Are all Landrover owners MAD,or were these people the exeption?
Landrover triallers are definately mad!! I used to have a mate up north who raced a bobtailed 109 with a heavyly modified Rover V8, they used to call it 'The Beast' there were people in his club that did things like fit GRP MGBGT and TR7 bodies to Landie chassis and race those :D

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Certainly not mad. I'm off this weekend to show my mate that my 1976 landy will do thing his 1996 daihatsu just can't! He He He!!
Get one, you know you want one!

Dave

Jjv110

Forager
May 22, 2005
Jersey C.I.
We are not mad. The trialers probably just find that they can't defeat the various obstacles without slight modifications, then before they know it,they have built up a "BEAST", with a huge V8 in it and so it goes on.

There are many different catagories of Land Rover owners. I personally am not into trialing but use mine for camping and overland style trips. Not that I'd turn down the oppurtunity to drive a trialer.

Just get one and see if you turn out to be mad or not.

Julian.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
I'll keep an eye on my son-in-law.He's a level headed bloke.
At the moment he's rebuilding a lightweight ex MOD Landy to play with.I'll see what effect it has on him ;)

It does look like a lot of fun though. :p

it is hysterical fun, the guys at the meets were a riot and the winching contests were awsome. Another thing we did a couple of times was to go out and rescue people who were stuck. My mates club had a register of members who were prepared to go out on a phone call and help people who were stuck on tracks and trails. If we were lucky and the person stuck was relatively clued up, we'd have a grid reference to go on, sometimes all we had was a description of what the person could see around them and we had to reference that to a map :eek:

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
I'm helping my mate build a beast at the mo. Rangey chassis, 3.9l v8 and lightweight body to plonk on top. Winch at both ends, in desert yellow. BIG set of BFG's on it. Hmmmmmm.. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE