Land Rover

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

flibb

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2005
Kent
lou1661 said:
nice truck flibb how much rubber!!!!!!!

Wish it was my one, Jim does LR up for a living and competes in internatinal 4x4 events. Those wheels/tyres are incredible. The tyres are bolted to the wheels, think its 36 bolts per wheel. Hes about to start building a new wagon so that ones going back to normall.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Simex tyre great off road but absolute nightmare on road. Also wear very quickly.

I put Grizzly Claws on mine for off road events. Having said that at the moment she is moastly off road - I've a hundred and one small jobs to do and no time.

Edi_M

innocent bystander said:
Nice :D

Must admit i haven't got a proper one at the moment, i've got a Freelander - so at least it's got a green oval, but i am saving for a real one.... :rolleyes:
You going to Billing this year ? Come to think of it, is anyone going to Billing ?

Freelander IS a real landrover, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It may not get up killimanjaro, but put it on snow over ice & watch the defender drivers flounder. Chatting to the guys at Trailmasters, they've observed the easiest LR vehicle in deep sand is....Freelander, because it's easier to dig out. Swings & roundabouts though, in mud I'll have a 90, ta. But.....I drive a disco commercial! One day I'll have enough spare cash to complete the collection, rangey for the driveway & a 110 for giggles.

Do come by the unbeatentracks stand, by the river - we're always in the same place - & say hullo! John Muirden will be there from wednesday, I'll be getting there friday early-mid evening & staying till sunday. John usually cooks a large potjie of an evening (there's usually enough) - but bring your own beer :p

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Ill be at billing,im may camp over this year.... you are perfectly normal if you like landrovers, freelander sport and a 109 ex-raf police wagon here and look at me im normal :rolleyes: LOL(Martin dont say a word :eek: )

Slimey

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2005
Hertfordshire
I'll be there, only for the day though, not sure which one as yet. If I stayed the weekend I'm sure I'd end up spending a fortune on nice new shiney stuff! :)

brucemacdonald

Forager
Jul 5, 2004
right here
I had a 1974 SIII 88" 2.25 diesel with a van hardtop until last year when the engine died. :( I had to sell her to afford to replace the engine.

It was always fun driving her around. She had dodgy brakes, electrics, a rotting chassis and she handled like a shopping trolley. When I first bought her, the steering wheel was from a Montego as a previous owner had thick legs which would not fit under the genuine LR steering wheel! I soon replaced that. Too noisy for a radio, I usually just sang as I drove along.

I haven't lost the LR bug though. Some day I will buy a nice 110 CSW for family bushcrafty transport. But Discos and Freelanders are good too.

Slimey

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2005
Hertfordshire
Isn't there only the one Llama in existence, it's somewhere like the Dunsfold collection?

I'd love a 101 too, gas it up and leave the V8 in. There's a guy called Martin Bailey over on usenet who has a 101 ambi converted into a camper with a 4.6L V8 and an auto box. If you've been to Billing you've probably seen it, it's purple so you'd remember if you had! You can find some info here

http://www.101fc.net/grumble/index.htm

It's very nice indeed.

Simon,

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
There is one fc i keep seeing around, from the outside it looks like an immaculate ambulance - inside, there is a full pine fitted kitchen. Looks real nice... It's usually on the fc owners club stands, and sometimes at old sodbury.

I used to have a s3 lightweight, with 3.0 v6 ford blueprint engine, that was seriously fast. Had to put a salisbury axle on, as it was eating halfshafts for breakfast...

I miss that....

Edi_M

innocent bystander said:
it was eating halfshafts for breakfast...

I miss that....

Wierd innit. I hated my first Disco when I owned it. Sunroof leaks, smoky engine, fuel economy went through the floor at 45k miles, seemed to be a damage magnet (would fill a page to cover the list of things that happened to that landy), but about 3 days after I traded it in for a new Nissan Patrol I realised I'd made a mistake & a day doesn't go by that I don't wonder if I'd still be running it had I known about the exhaust gas recirculator & mechanical timing belts (same price as a main dealer cam-belt change). I like my current TD5 unit, a lot, but I miss my 300Tdi XS 3 door. It never actually let me down. If the current owner of R852KOJ is a member of these forums, I'd love to know how the beast is doing.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Edi_M said:
Wierd innit. I hated my first Disco when I owned it. Sunroof leaks, smoky engine, fuel economy went through the floor at 45k miles, seemed to be a damage magnet (would fill a page to cover the list of things that happened to that landy), but about 3 days after I traded it in for a new Nissan Patrol I realised I'd made a mistake & a day doesn't go by that I don't wonder if I'd still be running it had I known about the exhaust gas recirculator & mechanical timing belts (same price as a main dealer cam-belt change). I like my current TD5 unit, a lot, but I miss my 300Tdi XS 3 door. It never actually let me down. If the current owner of R852KOJ is a member of these forums, I'd love to know how the beast is doing.

I'm filling up............

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
I think that every time you have to repair it or replace a part, you leave a little piece of you behind. Normally your fingertips, or blood generally.

After a while the thing owns your soul. It cannot do wrong, even if you lunch the gearbox in the middle of nowhere, cogs strewn across a mile of track, beyond the range of mobile phones. You will forgive it. Mad really...

PeterW

Tenderfoot
Sep 20, 2004
Nottinghamshire
innocent bystander said:
I think that every time you have to repair it or replace a part, you leave a little piece of you behind. Normally your fingertips, or blood generally.QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO !!!!!! :D

I have a 74 SIII that has been **completely** rebuilt from the ground upwards, and used to have a 300TDi Disco, both of which have had more of my blood than the Blood Transfusion Service...

Wouldn't be without the Series though....

Cheers

Peter

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE