Lamnia....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Conuda

Jul 19, 2018
Aylesbury
Hi. So I tried to make an order from Lamnia today but it says they can't ship it to the UK. I ordered something from them just a few days ago successfully. Does any one know... Is this Brexit or some new law or just a temporary situation? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
What were you trying to order.
Some time back, like in 2018, I thought I would buy a Lion Steel folder, either from them, or Knives and tools, and when I entered my UK address, they said they could not ship it. It was a non-spring flipper. The sort of thing that the new legislation could target.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Knives and tools weren't shipping to the UK either, I believe they will now but only for about £11 postage. I have a horrible feeling this is just the beginning of the new age!

Sent from Somerset using magic

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
You cannot order flippers, tried before. The brexit issues are separate, knivesandtools.co.uk still ship to UK, but you have to pay the shipping fees, no standard free shipping at the moment. One issue is whether you have to pay import fees and duty, that is an unknown, but expect to pay upto 20% plus royal mail handling fees.

Conuda

Jul 19, 2018
Aylesbury
Yeah, it's not just knives but anything on the site. i tried to buy a backpack and the same problem happened. Thanks Brexit, so depressing.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I can see why companies might want a temporary hold on shipping direct to customers in the UK. If goods go astray, or customers refuse to pay fees, it is on the sellers and they can lose money. Also, we are used to rapid delivery, and some customers might blame the seller if goods do not arrive quickly.

It should settle down soon enough. They ship everywhere else in the world, except Iraq, so they will be able to cope with shipping to the UK as soon as the rules and bottle necks are clear.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Mod Hat on.
I have just removed a rather bitter and petulant sounding Brexit post, and three replies that quoted it.
No politics. Brexit is divisive. Whether the British reader voted for or against, having problems thrown in their face is not going to help anyone or any thing and will only to create more divisions within our community here on BCUK.

Thank you for sharing that link. That is extremely disappointing. Not about the European companies not shipping to the UK, but HMRC introducing something so radically different at a time of change. We have had decades of HMRC collecting VAT on packages shipped from all points around the world. Not perfect, but a known system. That BBC article make it sound like there will be more problems with many more imports in the future. I cannot see any American companies signing up for that.

Reactions: CLEM

Conuda

Jul 19, 2018
Aylesbury
Thankyou Mod. Totally agree. I didn't vote for it and I think it's idiotic but I am now bowing out of this thread. No point arguing.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I think HMRC have dropped the ball on this issue, the old system wasn't perfect but it was a lot less contrived that their new system.

Reactions: CLEM

dnarcher

Jul 21, 2016
Sheffield
Reports of what is or isn't getting shipped, from whom, charges and timescales would be very useful. Politics, and indeed politicians, not so much

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
If a seller thinks that he doesn't need to serve a British client, just buy somewhere else!

If I don't get my coffee at this side of the street I also enter the coffee bar at the opposite side...

TLM

Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
As I understood it the problem is that the UK government is requiring all the foreign importers to do the VAT collection for them. I think it very probable that there is going to be a reaction from the EU. In the spirit of f**k you too, kind of silly both ways.

Reactions: Erbswurst

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
It's possible they are not shipping because of massive delays in the delivery services. At my work we sent an order to Malta through royal mail before xmas and it's still not been delivered yet, it's enough to put us off delivering internationally for the time being (we rarely get international orders though)

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
On the 8th Jan I ordered a couple of peripheral computer parts from Logitech. I didn't check where their distribution centre was. Turned out in was in the Netherlands. 19th January it was "shipped" and I was given a UPS tracking number. On the 2nd February Logitech emailed to tell me that a technical error prevented them from fulfilling the order and that I would be refunded and have a code for 25% off my next order. Meanwhile, UPS was predicting a delivery on the 5th February, and continued predicting this so right up to the end of the 5th all the while showing the package never left Holland due to Brexit delays.
Logitech kindly warned that Brexit would cause some delays to any new orders.

Since I didn't urgently need the parts I am not too concerned, but am undecided whether to order from them again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE