Lake District

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
I am off up to the lakes this weekend :)for a couple of weeks
The first proper holiday for 12 months , so very much looking forward to it

Am in a lovely cottage this year ( rather than camping ) aga cooker, wood burning fires , even two bathrooms so hardly roughing it

Looking for events , country fairs, agricultural fairs, shows, as well as the normal places of interest

Will be based 10 miles north of Keswick but anywhere considered even southern scotland, NE England

Will be calling in to see Simon , his bread and cakes are simply devine so will be around South Lakes at some point

Looking to try some canoeing so any thoughts on the best places to hire etc

Any ideas welcome

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
10 miles north of Keswick would put you somewhere about Caldbeck? I lived round that area as a kid.

Last edited:

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Will be calling in to see Simon , his bread and cakes are simply devine so will be around South Lakes at some point

would that be simon as in 'plasticninja'??,im in kendal at the end of august and i love cakes;)

have a good holiday mate and lets see your piccy when you get home.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Enjoy your Holiday up the Lakes, My wife and i have been going 2-3 times a year for the last 12 years, mainly for rock climbing in the summer, and winter mountaineering in, you guessed it, the Winter!:)
I have been into canoeing in the lakes for as many years, and have found the best place for a days canoeing is Derwent Water which is in Keswick!
There is a hire centre on the North west corner of Derwent Water, near the Marine, I have found them the best around that area!
This is there website. http://www.nicholendmarine.co.uk/
You can find them on google earth as well to give you an idea of where they are!
Hope this helps, and enjoy!

RM

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE