LAGUIOLE Folder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I have a laguiole, very nice blades. Not sure how they work as heavy users though :wink:.

I bought mine in france a few years back from a dealer there, and its good to just have in your pocket. IMO though, opinels are the superior french pocket knife!

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Got one on my belt right now. Pretty mundane thing, Sandvik 12C27 steel and aluminium scales. Very light. In fact, the sheath probably weighs more than the knife.

I reshaped the blade, to get rid of the recurved part, so that it's easier to sharpen, but then it doesn't get much hard use... It's a bloody picnic knife, for heaven's sake.

Keith.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Their corkscrews are supposed to be the best there is. There are tonnes of copies out there though. A real minefield. I've seen sets of steak knives in France varying in price by £100.

Bill

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
The one I've got has a spike on the back - apparently for taking the bung out of wine casks. I like that - a picnic knife that assumes you're going to be drinking wine by the cask. Could have been custom made!

George

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I have taken them out on bushcrafty type outings before, when i didnt have an alternative and they are suited to light work i suppose!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE