Ladies' black suspender belts.....

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
It got your attention, but this is a family forum, so I'll start again.

Ladies' suspender belts used to have a handy ball and socket arrangement for fastening the stocking top to the belt. They were made in such a way as to be replacable when they broke. I need two of these for a project, but they seem to have gone out of use and haberdashers who sold such things no longer exist. Does anyone know where I could buy such things?

I seem to remember seeing advertised in the past a gadget for attaching guy lines to tarps without eyelets on the pebble and line loop principle, but I really need something the size of those old suspender belt things and preferably in black.

OK, if you are still wondering, I want to make a gadget for fastening my wifes backpacking pillow to the seat back to make a detachable headrest in the van. At my age, such things are exciting.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Be careful what one types into the internet. :eek:
Does it have to be somewhere in the UK? My supplier of all things like that is gone too, you could give these folks a go? LINK

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I'm worried that it took two Scottish history buffs! We'll get thrown oot o' the Kirk! :eek:

Folk will wonder what we're up to here in the North.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:lmao: :rofl:
Colin there are those who believe that the Kirk roof would fall down if I walked in :eek:

I make costumes, some of the requests I have been given are a wee bit surprising :rolleyes:
Sussies are mild, but the hooks are useful for other things. I sometimes wonder why the tarpologists haven't made more use of them.
I am grateful that I was young enough that minis were still in fashion and so were tights.

M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
:lmao: :rofl:
Colin there are those who believe that the Kirk roof would fall down if I walked in :eek:

I make costumes, some of the requests I have been given are a wee bit surprising :rolleyes:
Sussies are mild, but the hooks are useful for other things. I sometimes wonder why the tarpologists haven't made more use of them.
I am grateful that I was young enough that minis were still in fashion and so were tights.

M

As a bairn I was asked not to come back to Sunday school as I asked too many awkward questions. So I think the Omen music would be starting if I walked under the lintel.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE